I follow @inspiralized on Instagram. She’s been making tons of wraps lately using Collard greens as the tortilla. Genius! Collard greens are big enough to make a decent sized wrap, and thick enough to stay together. The filling possibilities are endless really, but here’s one I really like. By the way, the carrot croutons are so good, they might not make it inside your wrap. I ate them so fast I barely had enough to photograph.
- spiral cut or julienned zucchini
- chicken breast
- Caesar dressing
- carrot ‘croutons’ (recipe below)
- large collard green leaf
- 1 carrot (shredded with a peeler)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- sea salt
- garlic powder
- Wash carrots and remove skin with a peeler.
- Shred the remainder of the carrots with the peeler.
- Pat carrots dry with a paper towel.
- Put coconut oil in a frying pan. Heat on medium heat until melted.
- Add shredded carrots.
- Season with salt and garlic powder to taste.
- Cook until crispy and browned. Watch them carefully, they go from nicely browned to seriously burnt in a matter of seconds.
Add all ingredients to the middle of the collard leaf. Cut off stem. Wrap tightly and secure with a toothpick if desired. Enjoy!